Bully

A media text that I feel has changed my life is the documentary 'Bully', a Lee Hirsch film that gives a fascinating insight into 5 families across America and how they have been affected someway by bullying. I feel this has changed my life because it has given me a different perspective on bullying, and the real damage that an individual can instil on someone's life. Before I watched this film I didn't really think there was such a thing as 'bullying' and it was children merely not being able to take a joke; this film immediately changed this view. This film made film made me feel stupid and fairly ignorant, which I shouldn't have been towards such a problematic issue. This film has affected me to this day and has completely altered how I behave and treat people around me. This film engaged with me emotionally, from the interviews with the red-eyed father, whose son had committed suicide, to the insight into the lives of the victims themselves, in particular 12 year old Alex Libby, who we see just how badly he is being abused by his classmates. This film made me upset, it made me feel empathy towards the families, what they were going through, but even more so the victims, being tormented for being 'different'. This film received worldwide acclaim, which furthermore highlights the effect it had on people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.