Media Diary; Help! & The Fault In Our Stars

The Beatles: Help!

I have recently listened to The Beatles album Help! a lot. I would say I use it as a form of escapism, as I do with many other albums. Music is known for doing this; helping people get away from reality for a little while. It is also, of course, entertaining to someone who is a fan of The Beatles. In a certain sense, it does provide information too. This is because if you listen to the lyrics you can discover more about what the song was written about, and the history of music and what it used to be like in the era of The Beatles. It also falls into the category of Personal Identity, as I use it for something to relate to, as do a lot of others. I wouldn't say it falls into the Social Interaction category, as in this day and age, this album doesn't target a Mainstream audience, and not many people who I associate with listen to The Beatles.

John Green: The Fault In Our Stars

I recently read The Fault In Our Stars, which falls into every one of the categories. I definitely used it as a source of entertainment, because the book constantly had me on edge, and was extremely fun yet deeply saddening to read. It provided me with information also, as I learned a lot more about what life as a cancer patient would be like. The book did not doll it up at all, and showed what it's like to have cancer exactly as it is. As for Personal Identity, some of the issues explored such as families and relationships are relatable to my own life. I would say the book falls mostly into the Social Interaction category, because it was a bestseller worldwide, and about 90% of the people I know, who like books had read it. It was a hot topic of conversation in many public places, and could be seen everywhere, all over most social media platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.