Media Diary-Week 4: The Vamps Concert

The Vamps are a British pop band that formed in 2012 and have since released their debut album Meet the Vamps, supported Mcfly on their Memory Lane Tour and performed as support acts for The Wanted, Little Mix, Lawson and Demi Lovato at several festivals. The Vamps consist of four members Brad Simpson (lead vocals and guitar), James Mcvey (lead guitar and vocals), Connor Ball (bass guitar and vocals) and Tristan Evans (drums and vocals). After proving to be quite a success in the UK the band also released their single Wild Heart as their debut single in the United States and Canada.

This weekend I went to the bands 'Meet the Vamps' tour in the Echo Arena - it was fabulous! They had so many surprises for the audience; their stage presence made you feel as if you were watching friends that you know! The surprises were the support acts they had accompanying them on the tour; it was a surprise because usually the tickets say 'The Vamps and special guests' but these tickets didn't. So when I heard three support acts were performing I was ecstatic! The first act I'd seen before on the McBusted Tour in April - a band called E of E - I didn't like them the first time and I didn't like them this time, although, they had improved with their live vocals. The second supporting act was Luke Friend from the X-Factor; he sang his own songs acoustically to promote his single which is released in February, his voice was beautiful: so raw and rough but gentle all in one! My personal favourite support act was the last - the stunning Scottish artist that is Nina Nesbitt! I'd never seen her live before but I'd heard so many people speak highly of her live performances. Speechless. That is the only word I can use to describe how I felt after listening to her voice. She was perfect!

The Vamps themselves showed a lively, energetic and encouraging stage presence! They created a great atmosphere by energising the audience; you could see how happy they were when everyone sang along, I imagine it's because they realised how much their fans love them and their music - probably because (besides the fact they travel internationally and go to all these award shows) they genuinely seem like a bunch of friendly boys who just want to make music and have fun! They were so thankful and humble for the experience they've been given and the opportunities they've received!

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the fact I had to go home at the end of the night! To be quite honest, in general, I struggle to find a negative in concerts - unless something obvious like the vocals or instruments are really bad - concerts are my one true love and my favourite hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.