Media diary week 6

My guilty pleasure would have to be the BBC one television drama series The White Queen based on Philipa Gregory's novels. It's set in 1464, the time of the war of the roses and focuses on the females caught up in the conflict. Its not something I would usually watch because its a historical drama and I usually get lost as to what's happening or confused by some of the dialogue used. I would class my self as the struggler so I wouldn't usually consume this type of text. I love it though because it shows almost the whole lives of some of the most significant historical figures and their ups and downs and their relationships but mostly the women who back then and even sometimes now aren't payed as much attention to recognised for their roles in the battle.
The target audience would probably be explorers as the programme shows people's journeys through life and how they so cover who they are and who they support, much like explorers as they seek discovery.
It appeals to me because I hate to see women characters as the damsel in distress type and weak and in need of rescuing and the women are the main characters in The White Queen who dovote their  lives to protect their families and do what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.