Media Diary Week 4




                                                    Doctor Who Changed My Life Forever



I first started watching Doctor Who when I was 10 years old. My Auntie came to visit and put on Doctor Who. I had never seen something so beautiful in my life and still haven't seen anything better although Coronation Street came close. I thought that the special effects were amazing and I loved the whole idea of the show because it is just a man in a box but it works so well. I loved the fact that it was such a simple idea but the fact that they've taken such a simple idea and turned it into something great.

Doctor Who influenced my life by the merchandise mainly. If there is a new piece of merchandise available then I have to get it. I collect all of it with my brother who also loves Doctor Who. It has influenced us in such a way that we find ourselves watching it all the time. When a new series starts (so now) we get so excited we can barely breathe. The way how one show can influence an entire family just amazes me.

The whole programme gets me emotional because there is a whole sad element but it can make you cry one minute and laugh the next. The programme just makes me an emotional wreck and I love it. It makes me sad because people leave and people die so because you have come to know the characters you feel sad. It also makes me laugh though because of the humorous character of the Doctor. He doesn't get a lot of things humans do so his friend Clara has to help. Below is a picture of some of the humour. Clara had to make the Doctor cards to help him fit in conversations.


Doctor Who changed my life and I feel better knowing I am a whovian (doctor who fan). I love it and the fact that it has been going for 52 years makes me proud to be part of it and I will continue to be proud as the show progresses through its hopefully long future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.