Media Diary 2

The Vampire Diaries first aired in 2009 and I've watched the programme since the first episode, I found the popular tv series when I was scanning through channels and it caught my attention immediately. It's a prorgramme of many genres such as Supernatural drama, horror, fantasy, mystery and more.

The show is about a love triangle between a girl named Elena and two brothers named Stefan and Damon. The two brothers share a secret that they're vampires and are both after the same girl because she is the doppelgänger of their ex love Katherine. Vampires aren't the only supernatural creature in the programme, there are also werewolves, hybrids, witches and ghosts. The show is filled with romance, passion, adventure and mystery which is what teenaged girls crave for. I think that their target audience is females between the age of 15 - 30 because in my opinion it's mostly women that are looking for a fantasy life and love the idea of  supernatural beings such as vampires and witches.

The purpose of the programme is to provide enetertainment and to trigger imagination amongst the younger generation. As soon as I saw the vampire diaries I immediately became a fan and all the drama and mystery led me into watching more programmes about supernatural beings and I've been into the whole mythical creatures idea ever since.

People would consume this media text purely for entertainment purposes because it's a good tv series to watch in your spare time and to tell your friends about. People may react differently to The Vampire Diaries because they may believe that the idea of vampires, werewolves and witches are just stupid and prefer programmes that relate to real life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.