Media Diary Week 5

Ghost busters: 3/4 uses and gratifications

Personal Identity: I have grown up with this movie.I first saw it when i was 6 years old and my brothers associate with it alot. all three of us make movie quotes referring to it,when they are necessary of course. I associate with the character Peter Venkman, as he is like me in many ways.I also like the soundtrack to the movie as well, as the movie is set in the 80's and most of the music i like is from the 80's.

Entertainment/escapism: Movies are escape for me personally, and the film is very entertaining through the use of humor, the acting and more importantly the plot; because you can't have a good movie without a good plot.

Social Interaction: I am able to tell people who have not seen the film, about the film. This is very fun for me as i get to show off my knowledge of the film to others. However, if i am talking to people who have seen the film also we get to have a great conversation, and sometimes it is a very good conversation starter.

The Evil Within: 3/4 uses and gratifications

Personal Identity: I have been playing this game with my eldest brother, and it is a very good bonding experience as there are some puzzles in the game that we can both help each other with, and there are alot of jump scares throughout the game, that we both get scared by, but we both laugh it off in the end.

Entertainment/escapism: You can really get lost in the story of this game, which is good for the jump scares as you can never tell when there coming and as you forget and get immersed in the game, they get you even worse. Video games are another escape for me 

Social Interaction: like I've said, i play this game with my brother which in itself is a social interaction, but i can also tell people who have not played the game about the game, and can talk to people who have played the game about it, like if i am stuck on a level i can ask someone who knows how to get past it i can ask the for help.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.