Media diary week 5

The social media site Twitter, has helped me to keep up to date on my friends, family and news around the world. It fulfilled my personal identity as I have my own Twitter account that I can update and personalise any way I want or make private so only friends can see it which can fill people's need to feel safe. The fact that I can follow all news accounts that tweets 24/7 my need for information is fulfilled. The entertainment side of twitter comes from the accounts that tweet funny pictures, tweets or videos which I find entertaining and a form of escapism. My need for social interaction is met by the fact that I can message my friends or family (or pretty much anyone on twitter) publicly or privately and can keep up to date with what they're doing. I can have conversations with people from anywhere which a makes me feel my social needs are met.

My favourite film is The Breakfast Club which I watched recently and films are my favourite source of entertainment and this film is an escapism (for me). It's quite informative as it shows that people understand teenagers and what they go through enough to make a really good film about it which I can relate to, which links in to personal identity as I'm a teenager like the characters and I relate to it as it portrays teenagers in a really good way. The social side to it is that you can watch the film with a group of people or talk about it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.