Media Diary; Week 5

The Walking Dead is an American post-apocalyptic horror drama television series. The television show is one I watch weekly and I use it for entertainment. 
The Gratifications is fulfils is escapism/entertainment. I find it a form of escapism because it allows me to transport into the apocalyptic world and it allows me to relax for an hour or so whenever I watch it. I find it entertaining because I enjoy the drama in is, so it always leaves me on the edge of my seat because there is always some form of conflict. I also enjoy that it is in a different setting as it is an apocalyptic setting because it is an alien place to myself as it is something that hasn't happened.
The other Gratifications if fulfils is social interaction. This is because some of friends also consume this television show so it allows us to discuss it. It also allows me to interact over social media, whether it's reading what others thought of it or talking to people about it over social media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.