Media Diary Week 6

Guilty Pleasures 


I have recently started watching the walking dead after it being recommended to me by an eager friend and I have come to find that it is so intriguing that it is now my guilty pleasure. The text is a TV series about a sheriff, Rick Grimes who awakens from a coma to a disease spreading around and zombies taking over the world. It is survival of the fittest as he battles to save his wife and child and the other survivors he encountered  along the way.  I think the target audience would be the explorers as they love mystery and discovering new things. This text allows that as you don't know who is going to be killed next and the problems the group are going to face. I would class myself as the mainstreamer as I would normally watch TV series that is popular within my friendship group such as New Girl or Gossip Girl. When I read this text, I think I take preferred reading as I'm too drawn in to the action and gore of the text and the problems faced to analyse it in any other way. The text fulfils my need for entertainment as I cant stop watching it and it has become addictive. The new characters that join the text every season make it more interesting  as we learn about their background and see them face the challenges that other cant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.