media diary- week 6

My guilty pleasure would have to be the channel 4 programme Top Boy.Based on the day to day life of youths and families living in Hackney, London. The show doesn't really have a main character as its telling different about peoples lives.
I would say the target audience would be the explorer, as they are looking for something different. Its not everyday a programme is made on  how people live there lives in crime and drug filled areas. Think it would also appeal to the struggler as it lets them seek escape, which is one of their key needs. Mostly I think it appeals to the aspirer as they want the life style and money that the gang has.  I  found that  I had took a oppositional reading, as I understand stood the ideologies that they was putting out but didn't agree with them all. I think what appeals to me was that I found programmes like this really interesting. I like to find about what life is like in other places .                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.