Adverts


Underdog Advert

I found in this particular advert that I was mostly inspired to make my advert around medical neglect. The advert made use of showing the dog being neglected by a voice over which shows one of the basic appeals being A Need for Guidance.

 

This immediately makes the audience ask questions and make them want help and guidance too if they have been medically neglected.

 

I have used these ideas in my storyboards because I wanted the audience to feel that the company I created could help guide them in the right path.

 

Teenage Rape Prevention Advert

This advert inspired me to use a place where someone felt comfort. This advert made someone feel uncomfortable in somewhere that they feel comfortable in all the time.

 

This makes the audience realise that any environment or people you are comfortable around can change within seconds making you feel isolated and not knowing where to look for safety, this relates back to the basic appeals of A Need for Safety.

 

I have set my storyboard advert in a house because I want the audience to understand that when you are medically neglected you can even feel unsafe in your own home, however that’s not the case with this specific company – this company makes you feel safe wherever you are.

 

Mental Illness Advert and Domestic Violence Advert

In both of these adverts CU’s and ECU’s are used to create a tenor with the audience. In the Mental Illness Advert there are several people talking to the camera about their lives – how they are just like everybody else – however there is something different about them. In the Domestic Violence Advert the girl in the video is focused at a close up as though she is looking at herself in the mirror – the main aim for this advert seems to be to show the effects that something can have on a person, not only physically but also mentally.

 

The audience quickly form a relationship with the person from the use of CU’s because they want to know what is going on with that person – they become interested.

 

I have chosen to use CU’s and ECU’s on my storyboards because I wanted my audience to connect with the advert, to know how the person in my advert feels so that they can relate or understand how being medically neglected may feel.

 

Mental Health Awareness

This advert I felt was powerful in the fact that it is a constant voice in her head as though it is her conscience telling her what she should and shouldn’t be doing – telling her right from wrong. It is also set in an everyday environment which shows me that the mental health problems are not seen by others however the person suffering is constantly thinking of it.

The audience listen to the girl stood at the bus stop and almost feel sorry for her – she has all of these voices in her mind that she can’t make go away.

 

I chose to have a voice over on my storyboards when my actress is completing her every day tasks e.g. cleaning dishes, saying goodbye to her children on their way to school, I feel that the voice over is effective for the advert because we know that whilst she is completing everyday tasks she still has the medical neglect on her mind although she doesn’t show it.

 

Salvation Army Advert

This advert was based in local places e.g. a park bench, a subway tunnel, on a bridge. These places in the advert are places everyday people are familiar with but some of these places are people’s homes.

 

The audience see the people living in such bad condition and feel sorry for them because the advert gives them a solution to this problem, making the audience feel that they can make a change.

 

I have used this method in my advert by letting the audience connect with my protagonist by letting them know how she felt when she was medically neglected. This fits in well with my advert because it will help the company raise money by creating a tenor between the audience and people who experience being medically neglected.

 

Watch your own Heart Attack Advert

This advert uses a various of ECU to show intensity in the actors face who is suffering with a heart attack. These shots make the audience feel uncomfortable because they feel the intensity that the person suffering is feeling.

 

The audience can relate to how the actor is feeling from these intense shots even if they have not experienced a heart attack themselves which hopefully they haven’t.

 

I have used ECU in my advert not to make my audience feel uncomfortable but to help them relate at a more personal level with my protagonist. The shots of her mouth and eyes show sensitivity which creates an emotive tenor between the audience and the protagonist.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.