Media Diary Week 4

The September Issue 
I had always been a lover of documentaries, especially when it came to animals; sharks, elephants, polar bears you name it but thats how my fear of crocodiles came to life. However my main love has and always will be fashion, and when two of my loves crossed paths, The September Issue was born. 
I've always wondered what it would be like to be apart of a magazine, to see all the details and the different roles that go into bringing a magazine to life. When watching this documentary it definitely turned a light on in my head that hasn't been switched off yet by my indecisiveness. I've always struggled with the question "What do you want to do for the rest of you're life?"  and my response was always the same, "I don't know." But, after watching this documentary it had impact that will affect my future career. It was after this that I finally decided I wanted to be editor for a fashion magazine. 

I've always fancied the idea of having this life like Betty Suarez where I become an assistant to the editor in chief of a fashion magazine to then become an editor of that magazine and I would love the rest of my life and be happily ever after. However I'm Betty's case she moves to another country and becomes the editor in chief of a magazine she wanted to write for but for my case I'm going to leave elements of that out.

I hate to rhyme this but, fashion has always been my passion. I was always told when I was younger that "The fashion industry is just impossible to get in to" and it was shut down there and then. However getting older I've realised that I can't be impossible if people are in it and it's gave me determination the actually follow through with my decision and be the person I wanted to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.