Media Diary Week 4

Myth Busters

 

The Media Text that changed my life was actually introduced to me by my dad, his favourite show is Myth Busters and he thought it wouldn't harm to introduce me to it. The show Myth Busters is a science entertainment TV show which is aired on the Discovery channel.
 
This Show changed my life due to the originality of the show. It taught me that while something's are impossible, some are actually possible. Take the scene in a roman movie for example, soldiers lined up along the shore of a beach and used their shields as a mirror against the sun to try and burn an enemy wooden ship, of course in the film the wood caught fire and the ship flew up into flames. However when Myth Busters tested the theory with 500 mirrors it did not work which then concluded to the myth being 'busted'. The show is extremely entertaining and never fails to make me laugh. Its taught me that just because its in a movie or its a popular 'saying' doesn't mean its true. My favourite episode which proved my parents wrong ( always calling me a bull in a china shop as I was clumsy), they set up a china shop, shelves filled with china, very close together, let a real bull loose and let it into the 'china shop'. The bull didn't actually knock anything over or even touch the sides of the shelf! ( which I will hold against my parents for ever).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.