American Idiot - Green Day

for  me music has always been one of my favourite things about life. And i could say that it has changed and altered my life in many ways. Especially one particular album, American Idiot is the seventh studio album by American rock band Green Day, Green day  have been making music since the early 90's, but this album is what really set them off in the rock and roll world. I first recognised the album when watching a film, my little brother was watching Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen, i remember hearing a song in the background of one of the scenes and took an instant liking towards it so i looked it up on my computer. I then found the band and all of there music and so on, and their most famous hit song at the time was 'American Idiot' which i listened to constantly, about the american social dysfunction and how the media 'owned' the nation, but was inspired by the political problems of the early 2000's. This was the leading song on their American idiot album, it was a time where all i listened to was that album, Green day where the first proper band i listened to and without them and that album i wouldn't be where i am now. The songs on the album gave me a sense of realness and i there were songs on the album that i could listen to when i was sad or happy, because every song made me feel a different way and could express any emotion i was feeling. It gave me a sense of mischief, it made me feel like i could be rebellious without actually being rebellious, as i was only around 12, i felt really cool because i was different to all my other friends and people in school because they all liked Justin Bieber or Girls Aloud, so being different made me feel like i was a more interesting and unique individual. The album then encouraged me to go on and listen to other bands like Blink182 and The red hot chili peppers who i still love to this day, it welcomed me to the genres of music i'd never thought i would listened to and help me discover my taste in music. Growing up and living some of the most important years of my life sound tracked to green day and some of the bands they introduced me to helped make me and determined, more understanding individual. Without Green Day and the American Idiot Album i wouldnt have been able to live some of the best times in my life, like Leeds festival where i got to see some of my favourite bands, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, the 1975, 21 piolts,and many more. The album cover also really appealed to me, and is one of my favourite album covers ever, the whole idea benhind it gives it so much meaning and importance which is why i think its so special.


Image result for green day american idiot







No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.