The text that changed my life | Media Diaries


RuPauls Drag Race

About one year ago I came across a series on Netflix called RuPauls Drag Race. Which is a show that RuPaul hosts and try's to find Americas next drag superstar. Fourteen queens go on the show hoping to win 100,000 dollars. I found it because it was in the 'because you watched...' Section I had previously watched show like Pretty Little Liars and Once upon a time so I decided to watch it. After watching the first season I couldn't not watch the rest them as it was so entertaining to watch. I would say this media text has changed my outlook on life as now I have a wider knowledge on the LGBT community.

Not only did I find the show very entertaining with the fun challenges and runway looks, I found it very funny. The light hearted ironic humour of the show gripped me from the beginning. I think I found the show so funny was because of the dry sense of humours as well as the lingo the drag queens use or the references they make which I would not have heard of is I hadn't watched the show.

The show is also quite emotional at times apart from the loud confident personalities, we get to see the  real people. We get an insight of what it was like for them growing up or the tough times they have went through in their lives for being gay or just personal struggles they have went through . I think that if more people watched shows like this one, people would have more of an open mind and realise everyone is equal and judging someone on there sexuality, religion, beliefs etc is a waste of time. Even though, I am up to date with the show I still engage and watch it and it still has an effect on me as I still find it equally as entertaining and gripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.