'The Text that Changed My Life'

The text: In Saddam's Shadow: Baghdad 10 Years after the Invasion

This text was created by VICE and was recommended to me by a friend.

This text changed my view of the ongoing wars taking place in African and Asian countries. It changed my view as the western media portrayed them as just "civilians" as if they were voiceless and powerless. However, watching this shows that they are thriving people who work as hard as anyone else and aren't the people the western media portrays them as. It has also changed my life in its powerful imagery showing some of the buildings and damage the wars have caused and made me more grateful for what I have. I believe that my view of it was a generalised and more common view of the media text as it tries throughout to portray that message. 

But there is a big overarching message and its that these people have moved on and they are able to thrive once again after such terrible and treacherous conditions in terms of leadership and stability.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.