the text that changed my life by Daniel Eve

Yes-Roundabout

this is a song I only discovered recently (within the last year) and falls into the music genre of progressive rock.

While it doesn't trigger any strong emotional impact for me, its upbeat nature generally raises my mood when I am down or frustrated. Intellectually it hasn't drastically altered my outlook on life but it has made me more accepting of musical genres outside of my comfort zone even if they're unrelated such as Rap or Electro-swing.

 It has also peaked my interest for pre-90's music and I believe it has had a similar effect with others; it has been featured or referenced in several recent media texts which helped bring it back in to relevance, one example of this was its implementation as a radio song in 'Grand Theft Auto 5'. While I don't believe the song has any inherent humour, many on the internet have made a runny gag where the song plays right as a cliffhanger occurs followed by the text "to be continued".

The song is quite long (near around 8 minutes in full length) and I probably don't comprehend its intended message but it I enjoy its instrumental composition and lyrics and as previously stated it has helped broaden my horizon when it comes to music.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.