The Text That Changed My Life.- Media Diary 5

The Last Song.
One text that changed my life was the 2010 Drama/Romance film 'The Last Song' starring Miley Cyrus as Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller and Liam Hemsworth as Will Blakelee. The film focuses around a teenage girl who has been estranged from her father for many years therefore when her and her younger brother are shipped off by their mother to spend the summer with him, she is not pleased. During her time with her father, they began to rebuild the relationship they once had and she finds romance with a boy named Will.

Cyrus's character is a talented musician but after becoming estranged from her dad, she lost her passion for it. As her relationship builds again with her father, her passion for the thing she once loved also rebuilds. Veronica is a very Eco-friendly character who is all about treating that planet and animals the same way she treats humans. One night while guiding baby turtles back into the ocean, her dad goes to get another torch and while heading back to the house, he collapses to the beach. After recovering in hospital and finally returning home, Veronica's outlook on life and her attitude towards her father changes. Unfortunately, her father dies not long after returning home. This again changes her outlook on life and makes her see what is really important. Ronnie sings at her fathers funeral because her passion for music is finally regained. This film changed my life as it made me realise that you have to appreciate what you have while you have it just like Ronnie learned to appreciate her father and what he did for her just before he passed away.

'The Last Song' deals with difficult and emotional situations such as heartbreak and loss and it is because of this that it changed my life. It changed my life as it allowed me to see that even if something happens that seems like the worst thing, it probably isn't and it will get better. The film allowed me to see this because, Cyrus's character suffers heartbreak however after her father fell ill, she got over it and her and Will eventually got back together, Cyrus's character got over her heartbreak because she realised that there where more important things in life to worry about.

This film also changed my life as it taught me to never take things or people for granted. Ronnie did not have a close relationship with her father and she took him for granted and just as they got closer again, he passed away. This made Ronnie regret the way she acted and regret taking him for granted. 'The Last Song' was really emotional for me to watch as it made me realise that its my friends and family who really matter and I should appreciate them while I have the chance. The films made me respect my family and friends more and I will always appreciate them because of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.