Media Diary: Week 4

The text that changed my life

The text that I'd have to say changed my life was the original Spiderman film which came out in 2002. I'd say that this had the biggest impact on my life as it's currently helped me decided what I'd want to do as a future career. When I fist watched it I thought it was a great film, even though I was only 4 I still loved every second I spent watching it. Eventually when the second instalment came out I had realised, just how popular Spiderman became to be. So I started to collect the comic books, by doing so I started to love the idea, story and everything about it really.

I then started to research the origins of Spiderman and found out that it originally started on a different comic series known as the amazing fantasy series, after a while it became so popular that it got it's own comic books series now know as the Amazing Spiderman, over time as popularity grew so did what media texts it covered. From only appearing in comic books to growing slowly over time to becoming to as big as it is now today, having TV and Film series.

The reason I'd say that this has changed my life is that I know that Spiderman would of originally started out as a idea and is now one of the most popular things created by marvel. By this example I believe that I might be able to do the same thing and be able to actually showcase my idea's, my imagination and to make it as big as marvel have done has with there idea's. This is why I have chosen the first Spiderman film as the text that changed my life. Because if it weren't for that film I wouldn't of realised what my ambition was at an earlier stage and be able to work on it now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.