Uses and gratifications

The Office (US). This is a text I have consumed a lot of recently is the successful American sitcom, starring Steve Carrell and many other stars. I watch this show and it is probably popular is probably for the reason of Entertainment and Escapism. This is because I find the show absolutely hilarious and the immature humour behind the show really appeals to me. Laughter helps people escape from reality and because this show is full of it may be another reason why it was so successful. There is also drama in the show which appeals to people's sense of entertainment. I also watch it for social interaction as many of my friends also watch it.
The Apprentice. This is another tv show I have been watching, which puts idiots up against each other in order to win a quarter of a million pound investment. I watch this show mainly for entertainment, as I find it very amusing watching the contestants mess up the simplest of tasks, their delusion to the fact that they believe they are intelligent, and believe that are the best at what they do. Again I also watch this show for social interaction, as it is a very popular show and it allows me to interact with my peers, not only one on one but through social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.