Week 4

An album that changed my life was 'Raw Footage' by rapper Ice Cube.


I would not associate the album with a particular turning point in my life however it was one of the first rap albums I listened to and it encouraged me to listen to more rap and this album in particular helped me fall in love with the genre.

I also relate to some of the albums and the general vibe of the album questions stereotypes of rap albums and that they are to blame for the problems in the world. especially the song 'Gangsta rap made me do it' . The intro to the song is a teacher teaching a class who is asked weather the town of Compton was a dangerous place before Gangsta Rap. 'Wrong! Compton was a nature preserve for bunny rabbits!' The song then states many different things rap has been blamed for and show the ridiculousness of the argument. Other songs like 'Do ya thang' encourage consumers to just do you and be yourself and to not care what anybody thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.