Media Diary Week 4


The media text I'm going to write about, is a TV series called 'Kyle XY'. It's had an impact in my life when it comes to my views on things, and my thoughts intellectually.

This series changed my habits of the Media I consume, because before I considered watching this series, I would only really watch Comedy and Romance films. However, once I had watched an episode of this, I realized how interesting this genre of film could be, and have since watched many more Drama/Mystery/Sci-Fi films and series. After I finished watching all the seasons, I was more enthusiastic when it came to approaching films of genres I'm less likely to find interesting. Strangely, all the science and mathematics included in 'Kyle XY' made me want to become better at these subjects. For example, the science-fiction side of the film really interested me, more than any science lessons I've taken part in.

At the end of every episode (and subtly throughout) there were messages relating to life, and how we should live without worries, and just be ourselves. There would also be a part at the end, which would include an inspiring quote, relating to the episode, but I also found it good advice to think about. 

There's romance included throughout this series, and parts throughout that refer to the 'real world' rather than the story line of the episodes. Due to this, I think it can appeal to a wider audience, and have an impact on even more people. I believe that most people will only consider watching this if they're only interested in this genre of film, even though I tried it, and would recommend it for anyone to try. It continues to affect me personally, because it's inspired me to watch more films like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.